Saturday 16 July 2016

Another transformer...

Size matters. Funny as it is, in QRP world the smaller the better;) 
I've given my QRP transformer to one of my friend, therefore the time has come to build a new one. 
I don't want to carry patch cables, coax connectors and so on, an UHF male connector is the perfect idea to connect straight to the tuner or the radio. 

I've dropped it to the floor right after finishing it as the proof of the pudding... As I wanted it is military standard "IP howmuchever standard":). No damage, mechanically quality-tested.

Nothing more to write about it, all you need is in the pics. 


The transformer is the traditional trifilar one, 8 turns on a ferrite (god knows what type, it is from the local DIY shop, but I have tested with analyser and found it perfect from 3 to 30MHz), inside of the box is full hot glue. 
Hot glue is my favourite... it makes everything waterproof, shockproof ant so on. 
The only disadvantage is the "no way back" effect:) Once you have filled the box with this plastic stuff you will never take it apart again... 
No chance for mistakes. In the HF range it has no effect on the system.

Ground has a banana socket on the side, while 1:4 and 1:9  output has their dedicated connectors (two red gadgets on the right side)
Few words about the UHF male connector... 
There is a piece of PCB with a whole inside. The connector is soldered to the PCB. It is the easiest way...

No comments:

Post a Comment