Monday 16 September 2019

Long time gone...

I did not have to write in the last years. Many things happened. I moved to a different city, while I was engaged with working instead of focusing on my hobby.

I jumped on into uBITX project. My friend Gabor (HA7MAC) ordered a kit from India. He build his own, and passed the mainboard to me.
We payed a lot with the PA stage. Finally new fets solved the problem. Now there are two RD06HHF1s in the box. Solid 5W comes out on every band from the final stage.
The signal is pure, SSB modulation is crystal clear.
The AF amp died after two weeks. Finally a chinese TDA chip based amp was installed straight to the board.
I made a temporary enclosure from PCB, but later I changed it to a brick like alu-box. I like it so much... Antenna connector is on the front panel, while the back is blank. It can stand on the back as a true manpack radio.

Experiences are pleasent. It does it's job. I made many QRP contacts with it, mainly using a very short SPX-100 telescopic whip.
The menu system of the radio is very practical, the whole rig is so easy to use. Mainly I use straight key, or my arduino elkey with it's memories, but there is a built in elkey too.

Here are some images...


No comments:

Post a Comment